Monday, January 3, 2011

Hey guys, bored, so here's an update.

For all the crap that Korea has given us and the rest of the world, she is not without merit, as Korea has produced many great persons. One famous example is Kim Jong-il. Lulz jk. It's funny how most people say Korea and people will automatically assume it's the Republic of Korea(a.k.a South Korea). Has it never occurred to you that a pretty girl group may come from the north? ........................Ok maybe not. Still, we should seriously start referring to the south as the south, instead of just Korea. Anyway, for all the crap that the Republic of Korea has given the world (e.g. Shinee, Super Junior etc.) she has produced persons that are as good as the aforementioned groups are bad. Take for instance, this amazing violinist called Jiyoun Kim, a.k.a sori1004jy on the internet. (According to some guy, "sori" means "sound" in Korean and "1004" when spoken in Korean sounds like the word(s) for "angel".)


Also, check out her epic version of the Super Mario theme:



Other good things that come from Korea obviously include food and the quality of plastic surgery they offer.

And now for something, completely different. As the progeny of nature, mankind has made much progress from the days of Urk the caveman. We've ended up where we are now, which frankly is not a very enviable position. Yet, I was thinking the other day, that we came from this Earth. Everything we've made has come from this Earth. So are issues such as global warming really our fault? It is a bad thing, global warming, we can all agree on that. I'm not so naive as to believe my interest in slowing or eliminating global warming is due to a love of nature; rather it is due to a love of survival. We are still animals after all, and no matter how intelligent you are, your greatest motivation is survival. I'm digressing. Anyway, since the materials that resulted in global warming came from the Earth that we live in, and we as children of this Earth were capable of manufacturing these materials into what they are, perhaps it was meant to be. That's one view. The other would be to believe that what we do and what happens around us is not influenced by this system we call "fate" or "destiny". In that case, then yes, it is totally our fault, we screwed up, we screwed up BIG. But I just thought it was interesting there exists the possibility that we were SUPPOSED to mess up the earth. I mean, the human brain is ultimately an Ultra-computer. Like any computer, we have programming. The more complex the programming is, the less it seems to be like a machine, and more like what we call "sentience". Yet, computers are computers, and the limit of a computer is in its programming. Were we programmed to destroy the Earth?

There we are, some of my inner ramblings. I think about these things when I'm sitting on the bus, or can't sleep at night, or blogging at 2am. Anyone smarter or has a better idea than me, please feel free to tear apart my reasoning or shoot me down on the tagboard or comments section. (You guys don't even care about the comments section of each post, do you?) I get the feeling that there's some flaw in my reasoning somewhere, but I can't think of it now, or am just not smart enough to ever think of it before someone points it out.

Haven't done my GP homework. I said I'll do it today, and in fact this is the reason why I didn't go the BBQ for 2B chalet (sorry 2B'08). But you know, I just didn't feel like it. And even though I had nothing much to do, I still didn't do my GP homework. I was thinking about doing it tomorrow awhile ago. Then I realized, hey, I haven't been punctual with my homework for the past 6 years of my schooling, why should I change now? And it being a new year, doesn't quite kick it. So I figure, I'm not gonna do it, and I'll wait until I get pwn3d really bad or something before I do it. Let's hope Ms Seetoh Peiling(think she's my GP tutor) is a nice person.

Anyway, New Year, so Happy New Year. Right, one year has passed, so let's look at some of my past year's resolutions and see if I did accomplish them.

----Extracted from my post dated January 14, 2010----

15 pull ups. Meh. I'm actually further away from this than when I wrote down that resolution. Time to start training like mad.

Reach basketball hoop. Got there once. It was a nice day.

Master b-kick. Ok when I said master, I actually mean GET. Francis pointed out to me that MASTERING b-kick would take many many years, and personally I think it might be at the Jet Li or Bruce Lee level of fitness. I got b-kick though, so WOOT.

Run to new school campus. I did this one time, while going to school before heading for CID field trip. Didn't run all the way, since I was carrying my bag and kinda strained my neck a little. But yeah I ran for most of it.


Eat philly cheesteak. NOOOOO. I NO CAN HAZ PHILLY CHEEZSTEAK! Didn't get to eat one. 

15 sec handstand. Almost there..... I'm not sure, but I think I got a 12 second one once.

I will do my chinese homework. More or less accomplished

I will not be too sarcastic/hurting towards classmates because they are my only lifeline during O levels for HCL. Hmmm......I will TRY. Turns out, I have no idea why I wrote this down. I mean, O levels for HCL is easy, and when it got here, I wasn't really concerned about it. That said, I was much nicer to people in 2010

I will grow taller than Jean. Argh, didn't manage to do it. I'm like stuck here.

I will not play so much basketball/soccer that I am incapacitated and am unable to do homework. Easy. Done.

I will do homework. Meh

I will at least try to do homework if I am unable to complete it. Meh

I will at least pretend to try if I don't even feel like trying. Meh

I will not leave shoe prints all over walls in the school should I feel like trying something out, but will instead leave FOOTprints if I have to, because my soles are not as immediately recognizable as the soles of my shoes. Managed to not leave any prints at all. I think.




So yeah, my new yaer resolutions from last year. So about a 64% success rate. That's cool. Resolutions for this year, alright!


Will start studying for subjects like Bio. This is major. It will be the first time I study in my entire life.


Get an Aerial. It's only the start of the year and my cartwheel is more or less ok, so probably will be able to get aerial this year if I train hard.


Learn a new instrument. I have a goal to be able to play at least 10 instruments before I die. So, currently we got:
Drums.
Guitar, considering that I can learn a song with tabs and can play simple riffs. I still suck at guitar though.
Harmonica.
Beatboxing.
Singing. Your voice is technically an instrument.
Castanets. Cheating here, but hey, who sets the rules?
Cowbell. Blatantly cheating.
Triangle. Yep.
Tambourine. Learned it when I was 6.


So yeah, that's nine already. Just need 1 more instrument. Most people can play alot of these instruments(usually the bottom few). See, people need to start giving themselves more credit for things.


Ace at least 3 of my subjects, and get no lower than a B for the rest. I'm fully capable of this.


Make 10 new friends. Widening my social circle is important. If you count the indians we danced with and said happy new year to at the countdown at Boon Lay I'm already halfway done lol. But no, we're not counting those guys, though they're really happy people. Or really drunk. Or both.


Obtain a medal/trophy. It's sad but, in my entire life, despite the great, handsomely chiseled chunk of awesome that I am, shining with brilliance, I have never gotten a medal or a trophy. In the entire cabinet in my house devoted to medals and trophies, only one of them has my name on it, and it's for getting full marks in New South Wales (Science) when I was P3, so, you know, doesn't count. Every time I have a chance at a medal or trophy, something happens that makes it not happen. Sports day in primary school ---- I was one of the representatives, and it was a telematch. I take the lead early on by excelling at all the ridiculously easy tasks(e.g. toss the beanbag in the hula hoop positioned 2m away), but my teammate not only fails at most of the tasks, but also happens to slip in the wet grass, since it just stopped raining. Ok, not his fault, but really, we were so close. We could have been 2nd place, at least. Every badminton tournament I've been in ---- We get pwned at the qualifiers. The QUALIFIERS, ffs. We win some matches, lose some, but always get eliminated at the qualifiers. Oh well, someone has to get eliminated. Sports day 2007, I'm running 4x400m, a sec 1 guy running with all the sec 2 guys. Didn't have a chance. Still, I am told I overtook this sec 2 guy from dance. Not bad. RVHS Cross Country 2009, ran, ended up 37th place or something. I suppose that's okay. Sports day 2009, I had to either run relay or play frisbee. Decided to support our class' frisbee team, since we got good runners already. Our runners get 1st in place, while our frisbee team gets eliminated at the semi-finals because we were pitted against 4B, with Ying Wai. He is a beast man. So I felt it was kinda unfair for us, 'cause it was the final 4, and our game with 4B was the only elimination match. 2010, no sporting events, since I didn't run for sports day and Cross Country run was cancelled or something. Inexplicable. Well, let's hope I get a medal/trophy in 2011. I'd hate to die in 2012 without ever achieving a single trophy.


15 pull ups, since I didn't get it the previous year.


15 sec handstand, since I didn't get it the previous year.


And we're done, I can't think of anything more to write about.

3 comments:

Tiffany twisted said...

not really i think Earth would do better without humanity...that's more self destruction than survival.

Anonymous said...

As a rational being, I am forced to agree that the Earth would be better off without humanity. Unfortunately, as a human being, my interest is in self-preservation.

~*~£ùǭêñê¸Ãw~*~ said...

hey u made it to 10(instruments).recorder:D

and well if we were programmed to ruin Earth,where's the programmers? or to put it in another way,where's the big guy LOL.probably we screwed up.BIG like you said.we need to ensure our survival real soon.a year and 11months is all it takes.

hey i can run to school everyday!10mins is all i need to WALK there.

how tall are you?bet ya taller than me still._.

friends +1 *thumbs up*

well hope ya get your medal soon!when's your next chance?