Hi all. I'm supposed to be finishing the 800 word thingy for chinese now, but I can't focus. Anyway, I realized that I haven't had a "Happy new year / It's the new year!" post yet, and I feel like I sort of owe you guys one.
Happy new year. It's only 2 weeks late. The past year has really....really..... gone by really fast. Let's put it into perspective. Year 1 felt like sitting on bus 97 from our old campus at Malan Road to Jurong East mrt. Year 2 felt like walking from Boon Lay to Chinese Garden. Year 3 was like taking MRT from Pioneer to Boon Lay. What will Year 4 be like? I think asking these kind of questions are sort of pointless. The only way you'll find out is by waiting anyway.
So.....With new year, comes new year resolutions. I don't remember my resolutions from last year, so chances are I never accomplished them, apart from those few probably related to Parkour. I'll admit that though it's been a really fast year, from 1st Jan 2009 to 31st Dec 2009, I've improved so much, and there's still so much more to go. While many of the people I know in PKSG have made/are thinking of making a progression video already, I don't really have any intentions of doing so. I won't even think about making a video until someone asks me to, which will probably be like never. I don't really see the need to tell people about how far I've progressed, as long as I know how much I have progressed, and how much more I have to go(which, by the way, is an infinitely long way). Maybe it's because I'm just not a people person, or maybe that's the way it should be, but who cares?
So. New year resolutions. What do I want to do this year? Well around the middle of last year I actually made a to-do list to be completed before my birthday this year, which, by the way, is 3RD AUGUST. I guess it's a good idea to make those my new year resolutions.
15 pull ups. This one should be easy. As long as I stick to a training regiment it shouldn't be hard. Which doesn't really say much because training regiments to me are like order to chimpanzees. They will forever be chaotic and no matter how hard you try, chimps will never line up for food.
Reach basketball hoop. This one has to do with my jump height. Currently I can reach the bottom of the metal thing that the hoop is attached to the board by. Hopefully with a bit more training I can boost my jump height by that amount, at least.
Master b-kick. Amazingly I STILL haven't got this one. I need more practice.
Run to new school campus. From home, of course. I estimate a 2.4km linear distance, but of course the map could be wrong and I may not run in a completely straight line. So I could very well be running 3km and thinking that I'm running 2.4. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing.
Eat philly cheesteak. Self-explanatory.
15 sec handstand. This is to build upper body endurance, and overall balance. Also, it looks cool. But mostly the balance and upper body thing. Currently my record is about 7 seconds, so I'd say I'm pretty close.
So what other new year resolutions do I have? Well this being the second week of school I've made some resolutions about....school.
I will do my chinese homework. Because.
I will find some way to retaliate if Half-bald decides to be a jackass. Regarding Half-bald, all I can say that he's a staff member, if you don't realise who he is. And yes, Half-bald is a He.
I will not be too sarcastic/hurting towards classmates because they are my only lifeline during O levels for HCL. Hmmm......I will TRY.
I will grow taller than Jean.
I will not play so much basketball/soccer that I am incapacitated and am unable to do homework.
I will do homework.
I will at least try to do homework if I am unable to complete it.
I will at least pretend to try if I don't even feel like trying.
I will not leave shoe prints all over walls in the school should I feel like trying something out, but will instead leave FOOTprints if I have to, because my soles are not as immediately recognizable as the soles of my shoes.
----Sudden mental block due to drowsiness---
*Abrupt ending*
No comments:
Post a Comment