Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Here's a Title for this post.



Am I the only one who feels weird sharing stuff (music, funny comic strips etc.) on Facebook? It's why I don't do it. It just feels like I'm shoving things in people's faces going "NA. LOOK! LOOK! SEEEEEE THIS THING THAT I LIKE!" and really no one asked for that. Which is why I'm gonna do that on my blog because I'm allowed to do that on my blog. I'm allowed to do that on Facebook too, but I feel less like a dick when I share things on my blog because I'm not forcing people to read my blog, whereas if you share things on Facebook and it appears on someone else's newsfeed it's more or less shoving it in their face. I know the feeling and I do not appreciate it. So you're welcome, people who do not like reading people's inane fb posts.

First off, this haunting track from Portal 2's soundtrack by awesome indie rock band The National, titled Exile Vilify:
Iz naise. I didn't actually finish Portal 2 because I didn't want to think too much, and I uninstalled it before I got back in the mood for some puzzle-solving. So I didn't actually get to hear this song in-game. Still.

Also there's this song, Apartment Story, also by The National. Catchy if you listen to it like 2 or 3 times.
The National also did "Rains of Castamere" for Game of Thrones, just saying.

Moving on.

Prom. I don't have much to say about it, except how horrible the emcee was. I know we couldn't really afford a very good one but...oh what's that you say? People say he was paid $4-5k for this? Really? For "jokes" like

Emcee: (talking to Brandon Pee) So you pee alot in school?



Pretty sure that's not worth even $5. Personally, I think it's worse to have someone trying but failing to be funny than to have someone who's not even trying. Okay, I'm done here.

Since I don't actually have much to talk about I figure I'll just share videos and stuff. Enjoy this french bulldog  puppy trying to roll over:

Cutest thing I've seen all year. Possibly all my life. According to someone in the comments french bulldog anatomy is such that they have trouble rolling over and need to learn to do it by themselves when young, or they'll never be able to roll over. Which is sad. Still, wiki doesn't mention it and I have 0 knowledge on dog anatomy so.

Okay recently I haven't really blogged and that's mainly due to not having much to talk about. So (and I've said this many times) you reader things really have to give me some ideas sometimes. Just say like "Hey you could do a post about _____" or ask me an interesting question or something. I know what you're thinking, "It's YOUR blog, think of yer own damn blog topics." but seriously, I hardly have enough material for a blog post of any significant length, or something that you guys would probably be interested in. The more I blog, the more I feel like it's a very narcissistic.....thing. It's so very self-absorbed, and presumptuous. We write these things, little inconsequential things about our lives or whatever, and we put them online, thinking people care what we think or say, and sometimes (or most of the time) I think people don't. We're just bored or something, looking to kill time, so we read stuff or look at things on the internet until we feel sleepy, go to sleep and get up the next day to do it all again. Which then brings to mind the question of why I even bother blogging, which can be explained with 2 reasons
1) I get bored.
2) I am that narcissistic. Love hearing myself talk/think.
And maybe an odd sense of duty or obligation, having had a blog since Primary 3. It's been that long. Sometimes I look back at old posts and cringe.

So, to end off this post, feel free to ask me any questions or suggest blog topics, privately or otherwise, and if I don't have a problem with it I'll probably write a post about it or something.

Speaking of the word thing, did you know it comes from an old english/norse word (also thing), meaning an assembly or meeting?

From Middle English, from Old English þing (thing), from Proto-Germanic *þingan; compare German Ding, Danish and Norwegian ting. The word originally meant "assembly", then came to mean a specific issue discussed at such an assembly, and ultimately came to mean most broadly "an object". Compare the Latin rēs, also meaning legal matter. Modern use to refer to a Germanic assembly is likely influenced by cognates (from the same Proto-Germanic root) like Old Norseþing (thing)Swedish ting, and Old High German ding with this meaning.There, you learnt something new, albeit useless. Isn't that fun.

No comments: