Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An open letter to my social life

My dear social life,

Over the years, our relationship has been that of a balance of give and take. I think we've both gotten a lot out of our relationship for the past 10 odd years. Lately, however, I find myself unable to commit to this relationship. I will not lie: there is someone else. She sits on my computer table now, her sleek exterior of steel made all the more stunning by her great inner beauty.

I try to tell myself, my social life, that you are more important, but that is just not true anymore. This stunning beauty on my computer table beckons to me daily, and I find myself unable to resist her charms, much like Odysseus before the sirens. Not a minute goes by when I do not think of her. She calls to me across the boundaries of space and time, coaxing me to explore the world of Skyrim with her. So, it is with great regret and sorrow that I am writing this letter, to inform you that our relationship must come to an end for now. Alas, would that it were possible for me to entertain both of you, but this is a situation that is beyond my control. The fates have forced me to choose, and I have chosen my new computer. So fare thee well, my social life, and perhaps some time in the future, we will cross paths again, and I would be able to devote myself more fully to you. Till then, I bid you goodbye. I embark on my journey within Skyrim on the morrow, and it may be weeks, maybe even months before I return.

Sincerely,
TC

Okay in all seriousness though, I've finally gotten my new com and I'm getting ready to adventure. This is just an announcement to state that I'll be going on a bit of a hiatus. Kthxbai.

No comments: