There is a question that inevitably gnaws at our inner selves every so often. It is present in the most despicable of gutter scum, and in the most honorable of high lords. This question, is short and to the point, yet it brings about a chill in many's hearts as they realize the emptiness of many things. This question is "So what?"
No, I'm not referring to the rebellious ah beng form of the question(as in, you big, so what?), but rather to the more scholarly form of the question. Say it slowly, and deeply. So. What? For many people, this is the question that drives them to acheive more "great things". For some people, it strikes them down and keeps them at that level. The realization that many things are empty, pointless and ultimately worthless can bring about great change in a person. To those who are rich, I say this, "So what?" You're rich, you have a good life. A good future. So what? You will become ashes in the ground, just like everyone else. To those who have acheived something great, so what? In the end, you are still part of the earth.
I do not believe in any meaning in life. Ultimately we are all dirt. So what, therefore is a very good question. Some people never ask themselves this question, preferring to avoid it their whole life. Yet, when they are alone, when darkness takes them, they are forced to confront it. Unless of course, the lazy bastard falls asleep.
So I ask you all, my readers, "So what?" If you have acheived what you want in life, good for you. If you are on the right path to acheiving it, good for you. I'll stick to nihilism thank you. So what?
P.S. I contradict myself with my actions. I love irony.
No comments:
Post a Comment